Tuesday, August 3, 2010

THE KENYAN REFERENDUM VOTE: COAST SHOWBIZ STYLE (PART 3)



With thousands of Kenyans going to the polls tomorrow as early as 6am in the morning to cast their vote, we as Mambo Badd took it as responsibility to enlighten you how the Coast showbiz thinks of tomorrow's vote.

So we have been talking to several celebrities in the Coast and this is what they had to say.

21. Richie Malowa (Director - Quayside Media)

Am a YES man because I believe that the proposed constitution is very progressive and is the best hope we have of change in terms of the way the country is run and I also believe it creates wider room for economic empowerment. 

As for showbiz...well, people have always partied and will always party regardless of which constitution is in place so yes or no the party continues.


22. Sylvester Sly (CEO - Pinkaz Media)

On my personl opinion,am voting YES.

We all know the proposed version isn't 100%, better half a loaf than none,i myself am having issues with the kadhis court,abortion and lands segments......am sure after putting it into power,we going to ammend it for better. 

Message to my fellow Kenyans ,"Let them do what they normaly do ", people should vote peacefull n wisely.

23. Brayo (DABS Dancers)

I thnk Kenya deserves a change and a change will only occur if we look in the future by supporting the constitution.

Am for Yes...





24. Mwaka Utanje (Gospel Artist)

I’m saying NO because of the 2 major issues.
This is what is stated:

CITIZENSHIP
Chapter 4:
Children found in Kenya and adopted children
20.
(1) A child found in Kenya who is or appears to be less than eight years of age, and whose
nationality and parents are not known, is presumed to be a citizen by birth.
(2) A child who is not a citizen and who is adopted by a citizen is entitled on application, to become
a citizen.

MONEY ISSUES:
Money Bills
138. (1) A money Bill may be introduced only by a Minister

They have the right to deal with our taxes and this is too much power. I think
We should be involved in any changes.

Whatever the outcome, I pray PEACE to all Kenyans. God bless Kenya.

25. Eve Queen (CEO - Nzumari Awards)

Am for Yes because it favours women & children.

Some of presidential powers have been droped etc in short this is the way forward.

Maintain peace tomorrow.



26. Lash (DABS Dancers)

"No" is my stand, Politics has become full of greed. What I see today is not the Parliament we served in.

To all Kenyans including the guyz in parliament :- "We need to aim in building of this nation that it may be evident to other countries, this is only possible if each and everyone of us (individually) lives POSITIVELY. LOVE and PEACE to rule over and over."

27. DJ Lenium ( Director - Quayside Media)

Given the chance to vote, I would be a water melon. My stand was a clean Yes then I moved to No then I just became confused.

I think I have gone through the draft but there are things that are really good and clauses that I got a problem with.

If the vote is at a draw tomorrow then I know it was my vote that wasted the winning side otherwise may the side that God supports walk away the victors.

And Kenyans, tomorrow no matter which side wins, lets be peace loving Kenyans. 

"Natukae kwa undugu.....Amani na Uhuru......Raha tupate na ustawi!"

28. Bantu (Gospel Artist)


I am voting NO. 

I just don't like the constitution..... story za Gay's + Abortion.

Kenyans should be very careful on the decision they make because it will affect their future and the future of their children and generations to come.




29. Kingsting (Artist)


My vote is with the Yes Camp.

I believe this constitution carries a delicate baby called CHANGE! Lets be ready to embrace change as Kenyans.

I urge Kenyans tomorrow to vote peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

VIDEO OF THE WEEK: MR T FEAT ALLAN AARON - HITHO